What Maternity Reflexology can do for the mum to be?
- Provides a sense of well-being, and helps prevent problems from starting.
- Reduces swelling in the feet and ankles
- Relieves tired, aching feet
- Improves sleep quality
- Aids digestion
- Creates a sense of well-being for the foetus
- The mother feels supported mentally, physically and emotionally throughout pregnancy
- Reflexology during labour can intensify contractions and shortens labour as a result.
Research has shown that regular sessions of Maternity reflexology during pregnancy can also help reduce the length of time in labour, this allows the mother a speedier recovery allowing the mother to bond quickly and peacefully with her baby and lessens the possibility of post natal depression. It has also been noticed that babies born to mums that have received Maternity Reflexology through their pregnancy, are calmer and more placid in nature.
It is very important to inform your GP/Midwife before you start to commence reflexology. Although this therapy is considered safe during pregnancy, it is advisable that you are at least six weeks pregnant you are feeling well and your pregnancy is progressing well with no problems before commencing with the therapy.
Price per session
1 hour £30
30 min £15
At your home £40
Money saving packages
3 treatment package £75
5 treatment package £110